The purpose of this position is to interact with customers by providing price quotes, processing orders and answering product-related questions, resulting in high customer satisfaction and effective, collaborative relationships with other company departments, including shipping, production, the lab, quality, sales and accounts receivable.
Inside Sales / Customer Service
The following are essential job functions.
- Confer with customers to provide information about products, take and enter orders, and obtain details of complaints.
- Provide pricing quotations for product offerings using established price list.
- Assist with more complex quotations.
- Register quotes in quotation log and in Salesforce.
- Send out marketing materials, such as Product Data Sheets.
- Enter orders into ERP system.
- Provide order status and shipping information to customers.
- Communicate with customers on status of complaint resolution.
- Qualify and follow up with leads.
- Provide sales leads to sales representatives and/or distributors.
- Send credit applications to customers.
- Execute the sample process.
- Complete sample request forms and update sample log.
- Work with Production or Lab to obtain samples.
- Package samples for shipment.
- Follow up on samples with customer.
- Assist Office Manager in keeping the price list current.
- Administer Customer Satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with trade show prep.
- Lead trade show follow-up efforts.
Secondary job accountabilities
- Greet visitors, answer incoming calls.
- Provide administrative support to shipping function.
- Assist Lab Manager with maintaining PDFs.
- Assist Production Manager and Office Manager in updating cost information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Minimum two-year college degree required, with four-year degree desired. Proficiency in French, with excellent English language skills, is required.
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in customer relations or service, in a technical or scientific work environment required; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
|Administrative — Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.|
|Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.|
|Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.|
|Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.|
|Communicating – Anticipating the information needs of co-workers and other departments, and proactively meeting those needs; writing and speaking clearly and succinctly.|
|Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.|
|Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.|
|Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.|
|Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.|
|Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.|
|Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.|
|Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.|
|Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.|
|Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.|
|Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.|
|Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.|
|Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.|
|Proactive – Job requires taking initiative in anticipating problems and taking steps to minimize them, and recognizing additional opportunities and acting on them.|
|Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.|
|Social Orientation — Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.|
|Strategic Thinking — Job requires being able to see the big picture and take a creative approach to solving problems and continuous improvement.|